As a child I learned that my drawings would make people smile. This encouraged me to draw even more and soon I realized that there is great power in sharing ones art. This realization led to an idea that perhaps I could also use my love for painting to make a contribution to better the life of others.
I am now committed to help as many people as I can through charitable giving. I do this in a couple of ways:
- When you purchase a portrait, 10% of the sale is donated to either one of the charities below or a charity of your choice
- If you represent a charity, I welcome your donation requests for portrait gift certificates to use at your auction events.
- Donation of paintings
Listed below are some of the charities I have donated to:
- Nothing but Nets - funding to fight malaria, a leading cause of death among children in Africa
- United Nations UNHCR - The UN’s refugee agency
- BABC Scholarship Program - British American Business Council Scholarship Program
- Pink Artists Community Fundraiser for Breast Cancer
- The Shea Center - improving the lives of people with disabilities through therapeutic horse-related programs
- Boxer Rescue Los Angeles - saving dogs
- Japan Tsunami Relief Effort Etsy
- Mahak Charity – Society to support children suffering from Cancer
- Etsy for Charity
- Debussy chapter of the Guilds of the Orange County Performing Arts Center